By F. W. Bateson
Read or Download A Guide to English Literature PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
This significant other is an intensive creation to the writings of the Nobel Prize winner Alice Munro. Uniting the abilities of individual artistic writers and famous lecturers, David Staines has prepare a accomplished, exploratory account of Munro's biography, her place as a feminist, her evocation of lifestyles in small-town Ontario, her non-fictional writings in addition to her brief tales, and her creative fulfillment.
"A commute author with a cult following. "—The long island instances "There are only a few westerners who might effectively hide quite a bit territory in China, yet Porter pulls it off. discovering Them long past uniquely attracts upon his parallel careers as a translator and a trip author in ways in which his prior books haven't.
From tough scrabble origins at the Plains of North Dakota, to longshoremen organizing on Manhattan’s West aspect docks, to dwelling the lifetime of a Bohemian poet in l. a. and past, Thomas McGrath’s literary aspirations took him faraway from his humble beginnings. For over six a long time, McGrath created poems dependent mostly at the issues of affection, paintings, and political justice.
This publication examines how German-language authors have intervened in modern debates at the legal responsibility to increase hospitality to asylum seekers, refugees, and migrants; the terrorist hazard post-9/11; globalisation and neo-liberalism; the possibilities and anxieties of intensified mobility throughout borders; and even if transnationalism unavoidably implies the tip of the kingdom country and the sunrise of a brand new cosmopolitanism.
- Analysis of the Communicative Situation in Aphra Behn’s "The Rover" Using Speech Act Theory, Grice’s Maxims of Conversation and Relevance Theory
- Hunger and Irony in the French Caribbean: Literature, Theory, and Public Life (New Caribbean Studies)
- Culture and Revolution: Violence, Memory, and the Making of Modern Mexico (Border Hispanisms)
- Modern Literary Theory: New Perspectives (Volume 1)
- The Palestinian Novel: From 1948 to the Present
- At the Crossroads of Culture and Literature
Extra resources for A Guide to English Literature