By Anna Kérchy
well known re-imaginings of Alice and her topsy-turvy international display many ways of eliciting attraction and shaping make-believe. past due twentieth century and twenty first century diversifications have interaction with the resource texts and with every one other—providing readers with an intricate fictional universe.
This ebook absolutely explores today’s multi-media trip to Wonderland.
Read Online or Download Alice in Transmedia Wonderland: Curiouser and Curiouser New Forms of a Children’s Classic PDF
Similar parenting literature guides books
Mixed-heritage everyone is one of many fastest-growing teams within the usa, but culturally they've been principally invisible, specifically in younger grownup literature. combined background in younger grownup Literature is a serious exploration of the way mixed-heritage characters (those of combined race, ethnicity, faith, and/or adoption) and real-life humans were portrayed in younger grownup fiction and nonfiction.
A lot has been written concerning the kingdom of Black adolescence―often from a sociological viewpoint situating Black kids in an at-risk class. despite the fact that, via her characters, younger grownup writer Janet McDonald (1954-2007) provides the wide variety of adolescent existence. McDonald specifically provides to readers the multifarious perspectives of society in terms of the self-efficacious force of city kids to upward push above their situations in any respect valuable.
This is often the 1st full-length examine of South African English adolescence literature to hide the complete interval of its ebook, from the overdue 19th century to the early twenty-first century. Jenkins' ebook specializes in what made the next literature basically South African and what features of the rustic and its society authors targeting.
Kid's publication awards have mushroomed because the early twentieth-century and particularly because the Nineteen Sixties, while literary prizing turned a well-liked approach for either advertisement advertising and canon-making. There are over three hundred awards for English-language titles on my own, yet regardless of the profound effect of children’s ebook awards, students have paid rather little recognition to them.
- From Nursery Rhymes to Nationhood: Children's Literature and the Construction of Canadian Identity (Children's Literature and Culture)
- Re-visioning Historical Fiction for Young Readers: The Past through Modern Eyes (Children's Literature and Culture)
- More Rip-Roaring Reads for Reluctant Teen Readers
- Little Red Readings: Historical Materialist Perspectives on Children’s Literature (Children's Literature Association Series)
- Dickens and Childhood (A Library of Essays on Charles Dickens)
- Learning Curves: Body Image and Female Sexuality in Young Adult Literature (Scarecrow Studies in Young Adult Literature)
Additional info for Alice in Transmedia Wonderland: Curiouser and Curiouser New Forms of a Children’s Classic